Re: About Page Draft

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Michael Owens <mikeowens(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: About Page Draft
Date: 2005-01-16 00:23:26
Lists: pgsql-www

Michael,

> A couple of weeks ago I started putting together some general text for
> the About Page. No one asked me to do it, and it's not perfect, and
> certainly you don't have to use it, but it interested me and I just
> thought I would try to do what I could to help out.

Wow, nice! Thanks so much for doing this, it's worlds of improvement over
our old Advocacy text. Really nice.

> Anyway, if this is helpful, I'll keep working on it and try to get it
> more presentable. Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Some suggestions:
1) we'll want to break this up into several HTML pages. It's too much text
for one screen. Can you do a table of contents for it?

2) Drop "Hash" from the list of indexes. While we do support them, we
specifically recommend against them in the docs.

3) "belonging to it" is spelled "its" not "it's" -- at least, in American and
British English. More copy-edits later.

Thanks again, this will help the new site a lot!

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus Consultant