Re: Private or publice function

From: Nirmalya Lahiri <nirmalyalahiri(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Private or publice function
Date: 2005-01-11 18:16:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Richard,
for your reply. Now I am explaining you what I want.
Let I have 4
functions......function_1(),function_2(),function_3(),function_4().

create or replace function function_1() returns numeric as '
begin
create or replace function function_2() returns numeric as ''
begin
--------
--------
end;
'' language plpgsql
-----------
-----------
-----------
create or replace function function_3() returns numeric as ''
begin
---------
---------
end;
'' language plpgsql
end ;
' language plpgsql

create or replace function function_4() returns numeric as '
begin
-----------
-----------
end;
' language plpgsql

Now after creating these functions, I can easily call every function
from psql prompt. But I want to encapsulate function_2() and
function_3() withen function_1(), so that no one can call
function_2() and function_3() from psql prompt and from function_4(),
only from withen the function_1() I can call function_2() and
function_3().

Is it possible in PostgreSQL?

Nirmalya Lahiri