Re: Trigger Question

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Terry Lee Tucker <terry(at)esc1(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trigger Question
Date: 2005-01-06 00:07:10
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 05:35:18PM -0500, Terry Lee Tucker wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 January 2005 05:09 pm, Alex Turner saith:
> >
> > Maybe what you want is a stored procedure, not a trigger.
>
> Now why didn't I think of that? That's exactly what I need to do.

This is a good example of why it's better to describe the problem
you're trying to solve instead of asking about a partcular (and
possibly suboptimal or wrong) way to solve it, and why it's important
to provide enough information so that others can understand what
you're trying to do.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#goal
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise

--