Re: [despammed] Installation

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)despammed(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [despammed] Installation
Date: 2005-01-03 16:41:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

am 03.01.2005, um 10:49:42 -0500 mailte Jorge Pérez folgendes:
> Hi,
>
> I have a WXP Professional machine. This one is my first contact with
> PostgreSQL, so before starting I would like to know which file should I
> download and install in my machine. Where could I find a document about

which version? Versions earlier 8.0 need a cygwin-environment under
windows. You should install cygwin, and from the cygwin-installer you
can install PostgreSQL.

> PostgreSQL installation? I already made a test before formating my
> machine and reinstalling my OS last week and found some problems trying

Why WXP, why not Linux? ;-)

> to use the PostgreSQL admin interface from my account which has admin
> privileges.

For more help, the experts needs detailed error-messages.

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Tel. NL Heynitz: 035242/47212