Re: OK, ready for RC1 or Beta6

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: OK, ready for RC1 or Beta6
Date: 2004-12-03 18:19:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, where are we in the release process? We still have a few open
> items, but those can be moved to the TODO list. Do we do RC1 or
> Beta6?

Considering all the patching that has been going on recently and the
fact that we don't have any port reports, I think it's too early for a
"release candidate". I think we should release beta 6 immediately,
call for port reports based on it, and then release RC1 as soon as we
have an idea where the port reports are going, possibly in less than
one week.

--
Peter Eisentraut