Re: External Tabular Data Via SQL

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Subject: Re: External Tabular Data Via SQL
Date: 2004-10-04 17:11:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David,

> Please find enclosed an example of what I hope to make into a
> generalized way of accessing external tabular data via SQL.

This is very cool, and I look forward to playing with it.

However,it seems to me that pgFoundry is the place for it and not /contrib.
We're really trying not to add new projects to contrib unless they're likely
to get merged with the man code in a couple of versions. Further, it's got a
major external dependency.

Besides, other perl hackers are more likely to play with it if it's somewhere
more accessable.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions