Re: max freeze age query in docs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: max freeze age query in docs
Date: 2013-09-02 17:30:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Yes, possibly, but we can't do that now, but I would like to fix the
> docs now.

If you want this in 9.3.0 it needs to be committed in the next couple of
hours.

FWIW, the idea seemed generally sane to me, but I'd suggest not depending
on reltoastrelid being zero when and only when there's no match.
Why not test whether t.oid IS NULL, instead?

Or actually, code it like this

GREATEST(age(c.relfrozenxid), age(t.relfrozenxid))

and be done, as well as not having an ugly direct use of int4larger.