Re: 8.0.0beta2 and plpgsql

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Stefano Bonnin <stefano(dot)bonnin(at)comai(dot)to>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.0.0beta2 and plpgsql
Date: 2004-09-16 15:59:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 05:43:55PM +0200, Stefano Bonnin wrote:
> CORRECTION,
>
> even if I define a stupid "hello world" trigger function the problem is present:

And this is causing a segfault? Most likely your installation is
broken. Try a make distclean and a full rebuild. And make sure it's
not referencing libraries of some other installation.

Essentially, you're proposing Kevlar shoes as a solution for the problem
that you want to walk around carrying a loaded gun aimed at your foot.
(Tom Lane)