Re: Add Missing From?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add Missing From?
Date: 2004-08-10 14:31:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have added the USING mention to the TODO list description for the
item.

* Allow DELETE to handle table aliases for self-joins [delete]

There is no way to specify a table alias for the deleted table in
the DELETE WHERE clause because there is no FROM clause. The agreed
approach is to allow a USING clause to specify additional tables
with aliases. UPDATE already has such an optional FROM clause.

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us