Connecting to remote Database

From: "Senthil Jegadeesan" <senthilje(at)india(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connecting to remote Database
Date: 2004-08-06 04:25:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have to connect to a postgresql postmaster running in a system in the same nerwork.I started the postmaster with -i option and I changed the pg_hba.conf file to allow that system.but when using psql it tell user senthil not found(in server).senthil is my log in name for the client.I can not connect it through pgtcl.Can any body help me out for connecting through pgtcl.Is there any other way to connect without changing pg_hba.conf file?please reply this....Advanced Thanks for the replies :-)
--
India.com free e-mail - www.india.com.
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for mail storage, POP3, e-mail forwarding, and ads-free mailboxes!