Re: Getting started with replication

From: CSN <cool_screen_name90001(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting started with replication
Date: 2004-07-15 19:09:52
Lists: pgsql-general

--- Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)archonet(dot)com> wrote:
> CSN wrote:
> > Are there any docs that deal with replication and
> > Postgresql? Intro's, faq's, etc.
> >
> > Can anybody recommend a Postgresql replication
> > package? I'm really not familiar with any - seems
> like
> > there are several, with possibly Slony rising to
> the
> > forefront. Are there any docs that compare the
> various
> > options?
>
> As you've discovered, there are different options
> available depending on
> what you need. You don't say how you intend to use
> it.

I think I'd like to do a multi-master set up where if
changes to the schema or data are done on any of the
databases (there will be three) they will be
replicated to the other servers. A "CVS" for
databases, if there's such a thing. If not possible
(looks like Slony doesn't support schema changes
(yet?)), one master and two slaves might work.

CSN