Re: Assisting developers

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Assisting developers
Date: 2004-07-13 17:48:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> True, but northern-hemisphere summer is only 6 weeks old, and we have
> had these issues for many months --- it isn't a new problem. Alvaro
> didn't get the feedback he needed in March either. :-(

This is true, but Josh does have a point ... you took a much needed 12
days off end of June, Tom took a few days in July ... both in middle of
the feature freeze ... if we were in 'dev mode' through the summer months,
those wouldn't have been as critical, but even once you got back, you had,
what, 2k messages to weed through?

At least up in Canada, our summers are so short, we try and squeeze as
much out of it as possible, so our time is more split then the rest of the
year when we tend to stay indoors alot more ...

----