Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Will Trillich <will(at)serensoft(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Date: 2004-04-20 16:30:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Joe Conway wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > do you force learn those spam that get through the cracks? I get about 20
> > or 30 messages that slip through the cracks, which I process through with
> > sa-learn nightly ...
>
> No, I haven't been doing that, but I guess I ought to start. Thanks for
> the suggestion!

Also check to make sure that you don't have autolearn disabled ... you
would have had to do it manually, as it is enabled by default, but, for
instance, if you are a user on a system, the site-wide may be set to
disable autolearn, so you'd have to enable it yourself ...

I'm looking forward to 3.x coming out, as the Bayes stuff will be able to
run out of an SQL database instead of flat files ... so servers running
Cyrus IMAPd, where there are no physical user accounts, will be able to
start makng use of Bayes as well ...

----