Re: Basix for Data General / Basix for Sco Unix

From: jseymour(at)LinxNet(dot)com (Jim Seymour)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Basix for Data General / Basix for Sco Unix
Date: 2004-04-16 00:38:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Andrew Ayers <aayers(at)eldocomp(dot)com> wrote:

[snip]

> What is "Basix" - didn't DG at one time make a PICK system (?) -

There was a Pick operating system. Still is, actually. It had nothing
to do with Data General. "Basix," I don't recall.

> are you
> sure that you are referring to a PICK Basic code? If this is what you
> are referring to, then look into the keywords Pick, D3, UniVerse, and
> multivalue.

UniVerse is a dbm system that was derived from the Pick operating
system, IIRC. I actually was nearly a UniVerse DBA. Until the company
for which I worked at the time ran out of money before finishing the
deployment of their new ERP system. Took classes at a place called
JES.

--
Jim Seymour | Spammers sue anti-spammers:
jseymour(at)LinxNet(dot)com | http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/spam/slapp.php