Topic for a student research project

From: mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Topic for a student research project
Date: 2004-03-16 22:14:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I\'m currently searching for a topic related to PostgreSQL for a student research project
i have to write this semester.
Since i really would like to write this in a PostgreSQL context and there are
many ongoing projects here on -hackers, i wonder if somebody has a topic
of kind \"that needs to be done\" and \"can be done in a student research project\".
Perhaps there are some open issues in PITR, replication, XML or others....

The student research project has a duration of 3-4 month and is supervised by a
professor from my university.

A short brief of me:
I am studying in the 7th semester information technology in Aalen, Germany.
I have experiences in database programming due to an employment at IBM Germany last year
and a long running project for a web company related to a self developed middleware
(Perl, C/C++ and Kylix driven) and PostgreSQL as a backend.
Linux is my preferred platform for years.

Any ideas, suggestions or hints are appreciated.

TIA

Bernd Helmle