Trigger loop question

From: Mike Nolan <nolan(at)gw(dot)tssi(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org (pgsql general list)
Subject: Trigger loop question
Date: 2004-03-16 00:01:01
Lists: pgsql-general

I have some information that that I need to keep synchronized which can
be found in two different tables. (Yes, it's not fully normalized.)

If I set up an on update trigger for table 'A' that updates the
corresponding column in table 'B', and one for table 'B' that updates
the corresponding column in table 'A', does that create an endless loop?
--
Mike Nolan