Re: Default Stats Revisited

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Default Stats Revisited
Date: 2004-03-11 16:34:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Scott,

> I like it. Would a multiplier be acceptable?
> default_stats_index_multiplier = 10

Yeah, I thought about that, but a multiplier would be harder to manage for
most people. I mean, what if your default_stats are at 25 and you want
your index_stats at 40? PITA. Also, if you wanted to increase the default
stats but *forgot* that the index_stats were a multiplier ...

I think a straight number is less confusing.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions