Re: Recycled Log Files

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recycled Log Files
Date: 2004-02-06 20:40:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 11:34:18AM -0700, Naomi Walker wrote:
> We are running Postgres 7.3.4 on Solaris 6 on an E3500. I noticed the
> following messages, and attempted to remedy the situation by upping our
> wal_buffers to 64, thinking we might need more room. wal_files seems to
> have gone away in this version or I would have increased that as well.

Actually, this is a good thing: it means the logs are getting cleared
and available for re-use. But what I'm wondering is why you're going
through them so fast. What are you doing in this period?

In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
--Brad Holland