Re: Calendar Scripts - Quite a complex one

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Kumar" <sgnerd(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)sg>, "psql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Calendar Scripts - Quite a complex one
Date: 2004-01-06 18:56:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

Kumar wrote:
> I am working on Postgres 7.3.4 on RH Linux . For our application, we
> are in a position to give calendar function (appointments and
> scheduling) with our application. Can somebody suggest me links or
> sample scripts for developing the calendar function.

You can probably lift out the complete calendar functionality from an
existing groupware solution, say, www.egroupware.org. I'm not sure
whether it's practical to do the calendar things in the database, since
you will also need a significant amount of intelligence in the client
to display reasonable calendar graphics, for instance.