BUG #1008: fe-misc.c has an ifdef for HAVE_POLL, should be HAVE_POLL_H

From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1008: fe-misc.c has an ifdef for HAVE_POLL, should be HAVE_POLL_H
Date: 2003-12-15 18:51:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1008
Logged by: Peter Herndon
Email address: tpherndon(at)mindspring(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 7.4
Operating system: Mac OS X 10.3.1
Details:

With stock 7.4, configure options --prefix=/usr/local --with-rendezvous --with-openssl --with-includes=/sw/include --with-libraries=/sw/lib, make failes on src/interfaces/libpq/fe-misc.c, complaining of undefined functions and constants in and around line 1011, pqSocketPoll function. I poked around my config.log and config.status, and my OS, and found no trace of poll.h, instead I have select.h. Yet the function was crashing the compile in lines looking for poll.h. I looked at the source a bit more and noticed that the #ifdef was looking for HAVE_POLL, and that everything in configure.*, as well as the top of fe-misc.c, was looking at HAVE_POLL_H. So I changed line 1011 to HAVE_POLL_H and the compile succeeds.