OO database?

From: Socketd <db(at)traceroute(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OO database?
Date: 2003-12-07 17:51:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all

I can see Postgresql calls itself a "object-relational database
management system", but what's the object part of it?

I have found:
Schemas (something like C++ namespaces?)
Inheritance

Are there more OO features in postgresql?

Can you still setup postgresql to act as a pure relational db? So you
can use standard sql. (maybe even on db level)

br
socketd (a postgresql newbie)

ps: Please cc to me as I am not on the list