Re: 7.4.1 ... slight change of scheduale ...

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: 7.4.1 ... slight change of scheduale ...
Date: 2003-12-06 17:04:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> >> Does anyone have a patch for this?
>
> > I suppose not, but it's being worked on.
>
> What's the bug exactly? Is it worth delaying the release for? Given
> that Bruce is out of town now and I'll be out of town later in the week,
> we are probably talking about slipping 7.4.1 a full week (to Monday next)
> if we can't wrap it Sunday or Monday.
>
> I don't have any strong compulsion to release 7.4.1 now --- if there's
> good stuff in the pipeline we could certainly wait a week. But you
> didn't say just what this bug is ...

Tatsuo/SRA liked the new release item descriptions so I will have to do
that for 7.4.1, or whoever gets does the release file. If they don't do
it, I will update it when I am able and they will appear when we release
7.4.2. I am not online consistently enough to do it while I am in Japan.
I return Wednesday night. (I am reading emails, but I am off-line for
hours or a day and can't always be sure I am caught up regularly.)

He even asked about 7.3.5 and I said I was traveling during that
release and would start for 7.4.X.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us