Migration 7.3 to 7.4 Numeric values using PQ_ interface

From: Paul Billington <paulfwb(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Migration 7.3 to 7.4 Numeric values using PQ_ interface
Date: 2003-12-04 10:50:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,
I have been using the C libraries with version
7.33 to retrieve data with success. Now I have
migrated to 7.4., although using the psql client all
looks fine my integer values returned through the
programmatic interface are wild, e.g. should be 101
and is 7236487.

Char and varchar are fine. Has something changed
radically in this release that could cause a binary
incompatibility?
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul