Builing C libs for 7.3.4 on XP Professional

From: "Paul R(dot) Sand" <paul_sand(at)mverify(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Builing C libs for 7.3.4 on XP Professional
Date: 2003-12-03 21:55:00
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I am trying to build the "C Interface" libraries for PostgreSQL 7.3.4 for a
XP Professional OS. I am using the instructions from Chapter 2 of the
Installation Instructions titled "Installation on Windows". When I run
"nmake /f win32.mak" I get an error about not finding "pg_config_os.h". I
find the file OK, it is linked to sys/win.h. If I remove the link and just
copy win.h as pg_config_os.h this error goes away. But then, I get errors
about "cygwin/version.h" missing . Is there a patch or some predessor step
that I missed in order to get this built?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul
<mailto:paul_sand(at)mverify(dot)com> paul_sand(at)mverify(dot)com
www.mverify.com