Re: Feature Request for 7.5

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>
Cc: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feature Request for 7.5
Date: 2003-12-03 15:22:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 08:41:40PM +0700, Chris Travers wrote:

> It strikes me that, for many sorts of databases, multimaster synchronous
> replication is not the best solution for the reasons that Scott, Jan, et.
> al. have raised. I am wondering how commercial RDBMS's get arround this
> problem?

Say, have you looked at the approach taken by postgres-r? It's supposed
to solve these problems, and unless I've missed something they are in
need of some manpower to port it to recent releases.

I don't know the URL. It's on gborg somewhere though.

"Some men are heterosexual, and some are bisexual, and some
men don't think about sex at all... they become lawyers" (Woody Allen)