Re: RHEL

From: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>
To: "Craig O'Shannessy" <craig(at)ucw(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RHEL
Date: 2003-11-13 11:13:19
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 11:52 pm, Craig O'Shannessy wrote:
> So, what ever happened to the "RedHat database"? I though RH was going to
> be hiring core PostgreSQL developers? Anyone got a URL to explain what
> happened to this venture? Sorry if I'm getting a little OT here.

Tom Lane is in a better position to answer that, but I understand that things
have realigned somewhat. The package is known as 'rh-postgresql' and has
some 'enhancements' of some sort. The graphical tools are nice, and are open
source.

Tom Lane was indeed hired by Red Hat, and he is a core developer. The tenor
of his last message would seem to imply some friction there; I hope I'm just
misunderstanding.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology