Re: plpgsql question

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Rich Seiersen" <rich67dev(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpgsql question
Date: 2003-11-09 00:14:55
Lists: pgsql-sql

Rich,

> That was my thought - I was fairly sure I fixed it though..... Do, really
> need to be specific in terms of type in terms of int, or can I put numeric,

INT and numeric are fairly different, and I believe that SRF return types are
very fussy about data types; I wouldn't be surprised if you got an error for
using an INT4 in place of an INT8.

> and for varchar(30) I can just put varchar in my type definition.

That I don't think will be a problem; varchar limits are indifferently
supported anyway.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions