Re: [Erserver-general] New eRServer patch/fork release

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: erserver-general(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Erserver-general] New eRServer patch/fork release
Date: 2003-11-06 15:48:15
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:21:32AM -0500, Andrew Rawnsley wrote:

> A new build of my modifications to eRServer is available at
> http://grayling.ravensfield.com. Changes/fixes:

Could you add these patches to the gborg site? That way people who
go there to test it out won't overlook it.

> * Added org.postgresql.ers.ERSExecSQL
> This will execute an arbitrary SQL statement on the master and slaves
> (default is slaves first). When I get the signaling down proper, this
> will allow
> you to add columns etc. on the fly.

You'll need to change the engine. The engine currently only looks
for columns at the time of start-up. After that, it never looks
again, so the columns will be added, but not replicated.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada Toronto, Ontario Canada
<andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info> M2P 2A8