Re: Changes to Contributor List

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net
Subject: Re: Changes to Contributor List
Date: 2003-11-06 01:19:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Peter,

> http://advocacy.postgresql.org/about/
>
> This is sort of the same web page that we're talking about here, but it
> lists the developers below the press contacts as also-rans. What's worse,
> this is the web page that people will get to if they go to if they go to
> http://www.postgresql.org and click on the first link they see: "What
> is...".

??? I thought we fixed that link.

> Don't get me wrong, press contacts and advocacy team deserve
> recognition as well, but not on a page that is indirectly labelled "What
> is PostgreSQL". It makes it look like the project is run by marketing
> dudes.

Yeah, you're right,it's confusing .... we should have two seperate pages, one
for "What is the PGDG" possibly linking to developer., and one page for
"Contact Us". As it is, they two are munged together.

The problem is getting it fixed before 7.4 .... there are 7 translations ....

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions