Re: PGSQL Mailing List Reply-To field

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Rob Fielding <rob(at)dsvr(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2003-11-04 21:40:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 15:27:23 +0000,
Rob Fielding <rob(at)dsvr(dot)net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently subscribed to pgsql-general and wheneven every I hit
> reply, I keep forgetting to reply-to-all so that my mail client includes
> a cc to the pgsql-general list.
>
> I keep doing this because I keep forgetting the Reply-To field isn't set
> to the pgsql- mailing list.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else thought it might be a good idea (or not)
> to use this ?

Its not. You should probably just get used to doing reply to all.
If you want to reply just to the sender you can use reply to sender
on these lists but will have to go through some contortions on your
broken lists. I usually filter out reply-to headers on lists that
mung them so as not to break reply to sender on my client.