Re: [CORE] Bittorrent?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] Bittorrent?
Date: 2003-11-04 22:54:18
Lists: pgsql-www

Folks,

Answers:

1) As Bitorrent content providers, we only need to offer a main content site
and an SHA1 encrypted hash called a "tracker". We do not have to host other
people's files.

2) Trojans are prevented by the "tracker" which serves the same function as an
MD5 in verifying content, and as Bram Cohen is a cryptography expert, I trust
this mechanism.

3) As far as offering the BT file, we need just add the .bittorrent link to
the downloads page after doing the setup.

I think we should do this.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions