Stored procedures from MS Query

From: Tomas Larsson <tulkas_sb(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Stored procedures from MS Query
Date: 2003-10-28 10:36:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

We're trying to call a set-returning stored procedure
from Excel (MS Query). To do this we type:

select * from getStudents()

(where getStudents() is the stored procedure).
The problem is that MS Query interprets this as if
getStudents was a table, and complains that there is
no table called getStudents(). How do we get around
this?

We would be very grateful for any help!

/tomas, Patrik and Siv.