Aggregate detoasted arguments lifetime

From: strk <strk(at)keybit(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: geos-devel(at)geos(dot)refractions(dot)net
Subject: Aggregate detoasted arguments lifetime
Date: 2003-10-27 13:26:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear pg-hackers,

Making an aggregate I want to stuff all input values (detoasted)
in an array and process them all togheter with finalfunc.

This is because in order to process them a conversion is involved
and I'm trying to reduce the number of conversions to the lowest
possible.

My question is: if I write in the "state" array
pointers to DETOASTED input args,
will I find them intact at finalfunc time ?

TIA

--strk;