interesting quote...

From: Peter Lavender <plaven(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: interesting quote...
Date: 2003-10-25 10:57:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Everyone,

I'm on just about all the postgres lists, except the advocacy one... I'm
not sure if this has been posted before, but this story has an amusing
quote:

<quote>
MySQL is also upsetting the entire database market. Charles Garry, an
analyst at Meta Group, hails it as "a disruptive technology" that's
commoditizing databases -- so much so, he says, that "the future of the
database market will be the standardization on MySQL."
</quote>

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1698899122&eid=-10

Please accept my apologies if this is OT, or has already been posted.

Pete
:wq