Re: my postgreSQL 7.4 beta for windows

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: dedy setiawan <styanukie(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: my postgreSQL 7.4 beta for windows
Date: 2003-10-23 19:25:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 05:07, dedy setiawan wrote:
> hello,...
> I'm using postgreSQL 7.4 beta for windows, and i use
> them in my project with delphi and i use DBexpress for
> connecting to then Postgres, but in other case my
> postgres runs very slowly

Could you subscribe to the performance list instead of this one? That's the
best place for these sorts of questions.

Two points:
1. PG on Windows on Cygwin is almost certainly slower than on *nix.
2. People are going to want to know what tuning you've done in the
postgresql.conf file and what type of load you're testing it with.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd