Re: Setting up DSPACE for Postgres access

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Ashwin Kutty <Ashwin(dot)Kutty(at)dal(dot)ca>, Ashwin Kutty <akutty(at)dal(dot)ca>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Setting up DSPACE for Postgres access
Date: 2003-10-23 14:39:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thursday 23 October 2003 14:20, Ashwin Kutty wrote:

> I am currently testing a product by the name of dspace
> (http://www.dspace.org) and require installing java since dspace is
> completely java based. The problem is that during its installation it
> needs to talk to pgsql via jdbc and I am getting the error:
> Exception occurred:org.apache.commons.dbcp.DbcpException:
> java.sql.SQLException: Driver not found for URL:
> jdbc:postgresql://dspace.library.dal.ca:5432/dspace
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.DbcpException: java.sql.SQLException: Driver not
> found for URL: jdbc:postgresql://dspace.library.dal.ca:5432/dspace

It's complaining that it cannot find a driver. The obvious steps are:
1. Check you have your JDBC driver installed and configured.
2. Check you can connect using it.
3. Check it is in the relevant PATH
How far along this process have you got?

If you've done all those, we'll have to figure out why it can't find the
driver.
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd