setting default date format

From: Gary Stainburn <gary(dot)stainburn(at)ringways(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: setting default date format
Date: 2003-10-01 09:41:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi folks,

I'm kicking myself (gently) cos I can't remember/find how to do this.

I want to set the default date format to european dd-mm-yyyy format.

I can remember that I used to do it by adding '-o -e' to the command line
parameters but that was frowned upon a long time ago to be replaced by an
entry in a config file (postgresql.conf?).

Can someone tell me which file, and what I need to add.

Thanks

Gary
--
Gary Stainburn