Re: Copy Command Error

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Richard Sydney-Smith" <richard(at)ibisaustralia(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Copy Command Error
Date: 2003-09-15 10:01:24
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Monday 15 September 2003 09:57, Richard Sydney-Smith wrote:
> I am outputting the following rows from a SYBASE database on W2000

> The problem is that each string is imported with the inverted commas.
>
> eg field ID = ''RK'' instead of 'RK'
>
> Can someone please help?

A short bit of perl. Something like (untested)

perl -pi -e 's/\t"/\t/g' fcont.dat
perl -pi -e 's/"\t/\t/g' fcont.dat

That should pre-process the file. I'm sure someone else on the list will show
how to do it in sed.

Hmm - just noticed you are on Windows. Not sure what cygwin ships with, or
whether you have perl installed.
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd