pgsql-server/contrib/pg_autovacuum README.pg_a ...

From: momjian(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian)
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql-server/contrib/pg_autovacuum README.pg_a ...
Date: 2003-09-13 16:26:18
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /cvsroot
Module name: pgsql-server
Changes by: momjian(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org 03/09/13 13:26:18

Modified files:
contrib/pg_autovacuum: README.pg_autovacuum pg_autovacuum.c
pg_autovacuum.h

Log message:
> OK, well as we wait on the fix for the stats system, let me submit my
> patch for pg_autovacuum. This patch assumes that the stats system will
> be fixed so that all inserts, updates and deletes performed on shared
> tables reguardless of what database those commands were executed from,
> will show up in the stats shown in each database.

I had to make a further change to this to take quotes off the 'last
ANALYZE' in order for it to not overquote the relation name, so
there's a _little_ work left to get it to play well.

I have deployed it onto several boxes that should be doing some
vacuuming over the weekend, and it is now certainly hitting pg_
tables.

I would like to present a CVS-oriented patch; unfortunately, I had to
change the indentation patterns when editing some of it :-(. The
following _may_ be good; not sure...

Matthew T. O'Connor
Christopher Browne