Re: row level lock and table level locks

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Jenny - <nat_lazy(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: row level lock and table level locks
Date: 2003-09-08 18:07:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 10:17:46AM -0700, Jenny - wrote:

> >TupleTables are just temporary data structures to hold transiently
> >created tuples during execution of a query. There's usually one for
> >each plan node.

> whats a 'plan node'?

Have you tried reading the documentation, source code and the slides of
Tom and Bruce's presentations? They all are very valuable resources. I
believe there's a good set of slides by Bruce in
http://developer.postgresql.org that explain these things in a general
manner. Armed with that you can try to read the source code.

"I dream about dreams about dreams", sang the nightingale
under the pale moon (Sandman)