Re: logging stuff

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Postgresql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: logging stuff
Date: 2003-08-05 16:54:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think we need a more general variable that can take several values,
separated by commas, like:

log_line: dbname,user

or something like that.

In fact, looking at the postgresql.conf file, I see only two setting
that print on every line: log_pid and log_timestamp. Perhaps those two
should be merged into log_line.

Of course, this is all for 7.5.

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us