Re: Cursornames

From: Felipe Schnack <felipes(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br>
To: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: Kim Ho <kho(at)redhat(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc-list <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cursornames
Date: 2003-08-05 16:25:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> > I can write it today...
> I would appreciate if you could take the time to do it.
Ok, I will

> > Anyway, I know in the spec setFetchSize() is just a hint for the
> > driver, but the current pgsql's driver behavior isn't to create a
> >cursor?
> Only if it can, if it cannot it just sends the query as is and gets
> the full result set.
When it can't? When there are multiple queries in the SQL or when you're using DECLARE I can understand... there are more situations? It can use a cursor when I'm not using servir-side prepared statements?

> It is meant as a way to match the "impedance" between host languages
> which usually specify scalar variables to receive the data retrieved
> and SQL (which can return sets).
Hm... impedance? I don't think I understand you. Maybe you can send me a private message in portuguese, as far as I remember you're also a Brazilian :-)
But which are the situations that pgsql loads all data from the query to server's memory? I had this once, can't remember how I fixed it.
--

/~\ The ASCII Felipe Schnack (felipes(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br)
\ / Ribbon Campaign Analista de Sistemas

Centro Universitário Ritter dos Reis
http://www.ritterdosreis.br
ritter(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br
Fone: 51-32303341