Re: Migration from MySQL, some difficulties with DESCRIBE

From: Francisco J Reyes <fran(at)natserv(dot)net>
To: Wolfgang Draxinger <wdraxinger(at)darkstargames(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migration from MySQL, some difficulties with DESCRIBE
Date: 2003-08-04 17:34:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, Wolfgang Draxinger wrote:

> I just migrated to PostgreSQL since this offers a few features I needes
> ugently, especially subqueries. However I got to stuck with DESCRIBE and
> SHOW commands.

As others mentioned you want to check the '\d' commands.
Do a \? and \help so you see some usefull online help. In particular there
is a syntax description of every command when you use \help

ie. \help alter table

Also search the web for "Practical PostgreSQL". I believe that book is
available online. Also check the online docs at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/