Re: plPHP -- sort of an announcement.. but not commercial

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plPHP -- sort of an announcement.. but not commercial
Date: 2003-08-02 06:11:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Uh, PHP isn't GPL, as of PHP4, http://www.php.net/license/

Q. Why is PHP 4 not dual-licensed under the GNU General Public License
(GPL) like PHP 3 was?

A. GPL enforces many restrictions on what can and cannot be done with
the licensed code. The PHP developers decided to release PHP under a
much more loose license (Apache-style), to help PHP become as popular as
possible.

I have attached the license that came with PHP 4.0.4.

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Well PHP is GPL... thus we left it GPL... it belongs to the
> community. Enjoy :)

> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 05:06:00PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >> As a recent flurry of activity has commenced within Command Prompt we
> >>have released
> >>upon this rather unround earth, plPHP. Yes it is trigger safe, yes you
> >>can write UDF's in
> >>PostgreSQL with PHP now.
> >

> > Very nice.
> >
> > Is it in the public domain? I don't see any copyright nor license
> > mention in the source code...

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 3.6 KB