Re: Can I turn the case sensitive off

From: "Reuben D(dot) Budiardja" <techlist(at)voyager(dot)phys(dot)utk(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can I turn the case sensitive off
Date: 2003-07-25 13:31:37
Lists: pgsql-general

On Friday 25 July 2003 02:37 am, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Terence Chang schrieb:
> > I am still getting the error. would this matter with 7.3.3 on windows
> > with cygwin?
>
> From my experience I'd never user quotes at any place (neither during
> creation of the table nor in the SELECT, UPDATE statements). All DBMS I
> know behave like Postgres. So if you never quote your object names, then
> you won't have problems.

FWIW:
I ran into this problem before. I used to develop using Oracle, where column
name fold to UPPER case. So in my habits, I created table using pgaccess and
type them in UPPER case for both column name and table name

Then I could not access from psql. After banging my head to the wall for
couple days, I then realize I have to use the double quotes. So somehow
pgaccess write the create table statements using doble quotes.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy