Re: 7.4 Press Release --ASAP!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Cc: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, greg(at)turnstep(dot)com, Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.4 Press Release --ASAP!
Date: 2003-07-21 19:16:13
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

People,

May I point out that we are 9 days from release? Let's get cracking.
Especially since we need to give the translators time to do their version!

Can someone post the current version of the release draft?

I will handle e-mailing the press. My current target list is:

Stephen Shankland senior staff writer CNET News.com
Todd Weiss General Assignment Reporter Computerworld newspaper
Nina Lytton Editor Crossroads OSA
Daniel Fishman Contributing Editor Database Trends & Applicatoins
Malcolm Dean Editor DesktopLinux.com
Scot Petersen News Editor eWEEK
Peter Weissenstein Freelancer Freelancer
Stephen Diamond Micro View Editor IEEE Micro Magazine
Steve Gillmore Test Center Director InfoWorld
Jacqueline Emigh Correspondent Internet.com
Mike Cassidy Managing Partner ISPortal
Takaaki Higuchi Secretary General Japan Linux Association
George Pajari Correspondent LinuxGram
Reg Charney Contributing Editor Linux Journal
Heather Mead Senior Editor Linux Journal
JASON PERLOW SR. TECHNOLOGY EDITOR LINUX MAGAZINE
Mike Angelo Editor Analyst MozilloQuest Magazine
Jim Sumser Editor OReilly and Associates
Tom McLoughlin newsleter editor San Francisco PC Users Group
James McHugh Contributing Editor SF ACM SIGGRAPH
George Mattathil Analyst Silicon Valley Business Ink
John Cargile Managing Editor Software Business Magazine
Andrew Binstock Contributing Editor Software Development Times
Elizabeth Heiny Reporter TuxReports
Todd Volz Associate Editor ZDNet Tech Update

... plus self-post on Newsforge.

Please look this over to see if there's anyone we should add or who isn't in
the list.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions