Re: (trigger function) -> ERROR: NEW used in non-rule query

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Terence Kearns <terencek(at)isd(dot)canberra(dot)edu(dot)au>, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: Terence Kearns <terencek(at)isd(dot)canberra(dot)edu(dot)au>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: (trigger function) -> ERROR: NEW used in non-rule query
Date: 2003-07-18 16:38:25
Lists: pgsql-sql

Terence,

> Oh well, can't win them all :/

Nope. I'll suggest that for the TODO list ... we already have several
requests for added features for PL/pgSQL. The problem is that we currently
don't have a lead developer for PL/pgSQL, so the language has rather
stagnated.

> Well I suppose I could try TCL. The problem is that there is little to
> no documentation on postgres stored procedures in TCL and I've never
> even seen the language before. None the less, I'll look into it. It's
> almost worth it. If that fails, I may even try perl <shudders>.

And what's wrong with Perl? Other than the inability to write triggers with
it? (We want to enable triggers in PL/perl, but that functionality isn't
coming until at least 7.5).

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions