replication: PG vs My

From: Martin Sarsale <runa(at)runa(dot)sytes(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: replication: PG vs My
Date: 2003-07-15 23:38:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Dear all: we're trying to choose a db for our site. We're a little bit worried about the load of the server so we were thinking in some kind of db cluster.

Mysql has a built-in way to do this but I found that pg relies on external utilities. How good are they? Are they ready for production-servers?

Thanks in advance.

Please sorry if this is not the correct list to post this message.