Large Objects in serializable transaction question

From: "Andreas Schönbach" <andreasschoenbach(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Large Objects in serializable transaction question
Date: 2003-07-15 09:26:08
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a testprogram (using libpq) reading data from a cursor and large objects according to the result of the cursor. The cursor is opened in a serializable transaction.

Just for test reasons I know tried the following:
I started the test program that reads the data from the cursor and that reads the large objects according to the result of the fetch. While the test was running I now was dropping all large objects in a parallel session. Since I am using a serializable transaction in the test program I still should be able to read all the large objects, even if I drop them in a parallel session. But it does not work. I get an error, that the large object can't be opened.

I now tried the same with with two simple psql sessions. Here it works the way I expected it to.

Has anybody an explanation for that? Is it due to the libpq functions lo_open ...?

Thanks
Andreas
Erster Klick - SMS versenden, zweiter Klick - die Telefonnummer im
Adressbuch speichern bei: http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021151