Re: Persian PostgreSQL efforts

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad(at)bamdad(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, abbasizad(at)hotmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Persian PostgreSQL efforts
Date: 2003-07-01 09:03:44
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dear Behdad,

Thank you very much for your answer.

> - The official name of the language as used in English is
> Persian. Writing Farsi instead of Persian is like writing Dutch
> instead of German.

I made the correction. See:
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/translation_team.html

> - I am a professional PostgreSQL user, basically for Persian
> databases. As an example you can find this one:
> http://bamdad.org/~digilib/
> which is a Persian Digital Library, using PostgreSQL extensively.
> - I have also wrote a very simple shared library for PostgreSQL
> that allows the user to set locales on the fly. It enables
> different users to set sorting order of their requests. It is
> named pgbe and you can find it in
> http://sf.net/projects/farsitools.
> - I am also the coordinator of the Free Translation Project
> Persian team. Let me know if you still have problems finding
> translators, or want reviewer or something else.

We will certainly gain from your help. Abbas Izad (abbasizad(at)hotmail(dot)com)
just registered to do the translation. He might be interested in joining
efforts or sharing knowledge.

> - Don't hesitate to subscribe me to any related mailing list
> related to the Persian translation effort.

Translations are managed and reviewed using pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
mailing list. You can register the mailing list visiting
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin2.php?ContentID=4.

This email is being CCed to Abbas Izad and pgadmin-hackers. Do not hesitate to
get back to us for any question. I wish we can stay in touch and produce the
best possible Persian translation.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE